Thursday, June 5, 2008

It happens only in India

It happens only in India or rather I should say in Faridabad. I am back from Abu Dhabi after 5 weeks. And life here seems to be like in a hell. Sharing few personal experiences.

1) Delhi International Airport - Its in a complete mess because of the renovation and extension going on. When I went there to fly to AD(this is pre visit exp), I was completely lost. The ground staff was equally lost, eventually, being of no help. You will have to search your way through. No directions nothing. If some one was watching me, he/she would have called me a dehati(straight from village)

2) Electricity problem - I am not sure if other NCRs have a similar problem, but Faridabad is going from bad to worse.

3) Water problem - Its so so so dirty as if its coming from the sewage treatment plant without being treated properly. I am scared of bathing in this water. And you may find this funny but I wash my face only with RO water.

4) Internet connection - I have a VSNL Internet connection but I wonder what I am paying for. It hardly works. And when it does, the connection keeps going off.

5) Customer Service - Its equivalent to Zero. When we came back home from AD, our phone line was dead. We registered a complaint with the concerned authorities. It took us 3-4 more calls as reminders and 5 days to fix the phone line.

6) Movie Halls - Maaan...this is a pain. They hardly put any good english movie. With PVRs and Inoxs opening here, we still have to see the English movies in Delhi.

These are the problems we/I face on a day to day basis. Faridabad surely has some bigger problems. I just upadted my name on orkut as 'Welcome to Hell'. Thats my emotion of the moment. :)

3 comments:

!....bakul....! said...

hehe....there'z more to it... gimme a couple of days.... i'll write abt it.... guess u've frgttn abt police....traffic....pollution.... is smthng left??!!

Anonymous said...

If you feel like hell in NCR... why don't you go back to where you feel like heaven...

OR

Do something and make some change... for a social cause...!!!

Adita said...

Thanks Mr/Miss Anonymous for a lovely suggestion. Would have appreciated had you left your name. Would have also appreciated if you told what THAT SOMETHING I can do to improve the situation, if at all it will make a difference.

 

Made by Lena