Thursday, March 6, 2008

Book Bitten

These days I am bit by book reading bug. In a way its good also. I am spending time in a productive way rather that wasting it on chatting (remember my laptop is still not working). I have been reading books on the plight of Muslim women in Islamic countries. They are kind of biographies written by Jean Sasson, an American writer, for these ill treated women. Its depressing, but all is not negative in books. It does talk about these courageous women who tried to fight for themselves and have it their way. And, I learnt some Urdu/Arabic/Farsi words(all are same for me, cant make out the difference). Below is the list of few words:
1) Nasr - a kind of promise made to god
2) Bushtakim - go straight
3) Khobe - well being
4) Shoma - your

The books I have already read are:
1) Mayada - Daughter of Iraq
2) Princess
3) Daughters of Arabia
4) Love in a Torn Land
5) Not without my Daughter by Betty Mahmoody

Reading 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' these days by Khaled Hosseini.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena